It's May 1st, which means finals are right around the corner. We want to ensure you do your best even while distance learning so here are some tips to help you prepare!
- Turn off all distractions- Whether this is your phone, a television, or finding a seperate room from your parents/roommates on a work call, it is important to seperate yourself and find a clean space to focus.
- Don't get too comfortable- Avoid working from a place you may forget to work on: whether that be a comfy couch or your bed. Find a place that keeps you accountable.
- Utilize Zoom for study groups- Although you may not sit next to your classmates every week anymore, that does not mean they have to be out of sight out of mind. Promising to study together is a tool you can use to keep yourself working and motivated.
- Set a goal amount of study time each day- Try not to study too little or too much in one day, you can burn out either way. If you dedicate specific time to work and include breaks, you will be much more productive.
- Keep an updated calendar for each lecture or exam you have- While sleeping through a final is a nightmare we have all had before, this becomes much closer to reality as we take them from home. Make sure you are on top of your schdule for the week, knowing what time you will need to be up and present for your exam.
These past few weeks have been difficult for all of us. If you find yourself feeling unmotivated to take on the day in front of you, just know that these days will pass. We hope you find these tips helpful as you prepare for your final exams. Good luck!!